Thursday, July 16, 2009

Convergency

I just finished reading an advanced reading copy of the new Margaret Atwood novel, The Year of the Flood, which is a sequel-of-sorts of her 2003 novel, Oryx and Crake.

Reading it caused me to remember how much I had loved the previous; I read it every chance I got, second semester of freshman year (I was a nerd lounging on the couches on Congreve's 3rd floor lounge. As I recall, it was around that time that the Congreve Friends stopped mocking my reading... ;D). Dystopia! Theoretical science! Obscure references to things that are dead and buried! God-building and -destroying! Exclamation points! Yay!

Anyway. Reading it also reminded me of a bunch of things: the setting where I read it; Marie, who let me borrow it; Snow Patrol's "Run," for whatever reason. That last I discovered when I heard it today and realized that I had listened to it while I read O&C.

This all seemed more exciting when it was going on than I care to try to explain right now.

No comments: