Friday, July 3, 2009

I think I Knew Once What this Was

The Crescent Moon, The Church on Spilled Blood

In St. Petersburg, where the maritime climate made the sun ridiculously rare and the moon even less visible, any time I actually did see one of the celestial objects I wanted to photograph it. With just a point-and-shoot, none of the pictures came out as well as one might have hoped. Nevertheless...

Sunrise over the Volga River

Sitting at BNG today, I noticed that the sunlight on the streets was pure, unfiltered through hazy clouds as it had been this morning. I stood up from my computer, walked outside, looked up and pointed at the sun, and went back to my table. Likely everyone in the vicinity thought I was crazy. Likely they are correct.

Still. Sun! And tonight - Red Sox!

No comments: