Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I was hoping for something more meditative

We lay, legs tensed, arms braced against the ground, holding most of our body in the air. Every muscle strained, every breath retained, beads of sweat glistened. I had counted upwards of 100.

"NYET! NYET!" she shrieked. Her minute body was upon me. Zhivot dolzhen byt' miagkim. MIAGKIM! [Your stomach should be relaxed. Relaxed!] From either side she jabbed at my abdomen, prodded at my buttocks back towards my thighs, and pulled at the corners of my shoulders. Eto ochen' vazhnyi moment, shto vy poniali menia. [It's very important than you understand me in this.]

The only comfort - that she was doing the same to Jude, to the grandmothers who were in the class with us.

We decided not to go back to yoga.

2 comments:

Justin said...

haha.

hahahaha.

hahahahahahahaa.

ha.

nice.

Unknown said...

WHY AREN'T YOU RELAXED?! RELAX, DAMNIT!