Monday, February 8, 2010

My hat has no corners. No corners has my hat.


I lost my hat!

This is sad. I liked that hat. I should have known our time together would be short, though; it had fallen out of my pocket before. I had just been lucky enough to notice and pick it back up.

Not this time.

It's quite disconcerting to lose an object. I noticed that I didn't have it when I was leaving the metro, looking for Phoenix with one eye, the scouring for the hat even as the doors closed again, my fingers blindly typing her number on my phone...all of a sudden my world was crazed. I was trapped in the Medusa Cascade, a second out of sync with the rest of the universe...

This is neither funny nor revelatory. The replacement hat doesn't have the same magic as its predecessor. Yet.

1 comment:

Justin said...

IF IT HADN'T HAD NO CORNERS IT WOULDN'T BE MY HAT!

I very nearly lost one of my hats last week as well! Shocking!