Monday, January 10, 2011

I say nothing new, but I'll say it in a new way.

"There were cracks. Some were tiny...some where as big as the sky. Through some we saw worlds and people and through others we saw silence...and the end of all things."
That's a quote from Dr. Who. I can't explain its relevance to that series without spoiling the Animus.

Its relevance to this life is that the blog has seen silence. I am naughty, to be sure, to allow the blog to feel silence. Humans create dialogue, create the stories and narratives and fictions
"Not all fiction is false, you stupid hipsters."
-Graffiti at Caffe Paradiso, Urbana, IL
that surround us, that define our existence. That phrase, at least as I've heard it uttered, often comes from a place that denigrates our myths, our shortsightedness, our prejudice.

An absence of storytelling is death. It is worse than death; without my stories, I am in oblivion.

I woke up in the middle of the night last week and was suddenly, painfully aware of the fact of our mortality. MORTality. Muerto. Mortal. We who are about to die salute you.

Before we shall have fallen silent.

1 comment:

Miriam Vaswani said...

You've made me think, damnit.